UA-60456161-1

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Trend Alert- Mixed Metals

Lately we've been seeing a lot of mixed metal finishes, and all I can say is, THANK GOODNESS!  If I ever do another satin nickel faucet, it'll be too soon.  Blah blah blah is what I think to matching everything.  This new look adds interest to your design, not to mention, a more eclectic look.  Nothing is more boring (in my opinion) than a bathroom with every last piece of metal having the same finish, and typically the plumbing and hardware are all matchy-matchy too.  

Sorry about the rant, but that is one thing I'm forced to do at work, match every last damn finish.  Even if the client doesn't want it, my boss insists because it's safe.  Ok I'm off the soapbox.  Now, let's see how designers are living out my dream of blinging it out to different finishes.....


Let's get things started off with John Legend's kitchen and those killer gold barstools...love everything about it.

I have no idea who lives here, but still a lovely living room.....

Loving these gold pendants! Kinda industrial in a pretty feminine kitchen, great combo!

This would be a great look in a hotel! 

This photo comes from the magazine House and Home, which is one of my favorites!  I really enjoy the U.K. Edition and highly recommend.  Anyway how amazing is this faucet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment