UA-60456161-1

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Lighting Design Tips

Today was a job site day for me.  Our ultra contemporary house is getting ready for lighting, so I was working off the lighting plan and placing all the cans, pendants, etc in their correct place.  Lighting design has become my niche in the firm I work for...it is so important for the space!

Every design magazine will tell you to layer lighting.  Have general can lighting, then decorative, more ambient fixtures.  Task lighting is also important, being under cabinet lighting as well as mono point pins in the ceiling.  Lastly, and I like to have to do feature lighting.  This is how you can highlight or emphasize an architectural piece.  Below are some good examples of well lit spaces and cool fixtures...











No comments:

Post a Comment